Our Checking Accounts offer all the advantages of a traditional checking account with the latest in modern convenience, and come in a variety of options to fit your lifestyle. All of our Checking accounts can be tied together with other JSC FCU products and services that will make managing your finances easy and efficient.
All of our Checking Accounts come with these outstanding benefits:
- No Monthly Service Fee
- No Minimum Balance Requirement
- Ability to Earn Dividends1
- Free VISA Check Card2 or ATM Card
- 32,000+ Surcharge Free ATMs Nationwide
- Free Online Banking including Mobile Banking
- Online Bill Pay (up to 20 per month at no cost)
- Free eStatements or Paper Statements
- Direct Deposit at No Cost
- Overdraft Protection from Savings or Line of Credit2
- Privilege Pay Overdraft Protection2
- 24/7 Account Access Online or by Phone
1Ability to earn dividends not available with energY Checking. 2. JSC Federal Credit Union offers overdraft protection from your savings account. In the event you do not have the funds in your checking account to cover a transaction, we can overdraft from your savings account to pay it. There is no monthly service charge to have this protection. In the event that you need us to overdraft from your savings account, a $2.00 overdraft fee per item will be charged to your checking account. Restrictions apply; member must qualify. Please see a Credit Union employee for more information.
Classic Checking: Our Classic Checking account offers all the advantages of a traditional checking account with no minimum balance requirements, an array of no-cost products and services, plus the ability to earn dividends. Click to learn more...
energY Checking: Our energY Checking account was created specifically for the next generation of JSC FCU members. By grouping unique account benefits with the latest in technology and convenience, our energY Checking Account will help make your financial life a great success story. Click to learn more...
Horizons Checking: Our Horizons Checking account is designed exclusively for members age 55+ and offers a practical and cost-effective way to handle your finances. Click to learn more...
Money Market Checking: Our Money Market Checking account is a high yield investment alternative, allowing you to earn higher than typical savings dividends along with the added benefit of liquidity, and all with the conveniences of a normal checking account. Click to learn more...
Our Money Market Checking account is a high yield investment alternative, allowing you to earn higher than typical savings dividends along with the added benefit of liquidity, and all with the conveniences of a normal checking account.
- Includes all JSC FCU Checking Account benefits
- A minimum opening deposit of $1,000 is required
- Earn monthly dividends on balances of $1,000 or more1
- Ability to make six (6) withdrawals per month, only three (3) of the withdrawals may be made by check
- Minimum check, transfer or withdrawal transaction amount is $200 per withdrawal
- Special Money Market checks at no charge
1 Monthly balance of $1,000 or more earns the Money Market account dividend rate; balances of $999.99 or less earns the Classic Checking account dividend rate. Please see a Credit Union employee for more information.
Are You a New Member?
In order to take advantage of the full array of products and services that JSC Federal Credit Union offers, you must first become a member of our institution. Click here to learn more about becoming a JSC FCU member.
How to Open a New Account for Existing Members
If you are a current JSC FCU member and would like to open a new Savings or Checking Account, you will need to visit one of our local branch locations and bring in the following items:
- A valid government issued photo identification
- Your U.S. Social Security Number
- Proof of your current residence if different from your valid photo identification (i.e. utility bill, insurance card, etc.)
- Members ages 0 - 17 must have a parent or a legal guardian present to sign as joint owner for a Savings Account
- Members ages 14 -17 must bring in a parent or a legal guardian to sign as joint owner for a Checking Account
- A minimum deposit of $5 for a Savings Account
- A minimum deposit of $25 for a Classic Checking or Horizons Checking Account
- A minimum deposit of $10 for an energY Checking Account
- A minimum deposit of $1,000 for a Money Market Checking Account
- Qualification is subject to Telecheck approval
- Other identifying documents may be requested