Our most popular checking account with no minimum balance requirements, an array of no-cost products and services, plus the ability to earn dividends.
- Benefits/Good To Know
- Application Process
- Compare Accounts
- Free access to over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs*
- Free VISA Debit Card
- Free access to over 5,000 Credit Union Service Centers
- Free Online, Mobile & Telephone Banking
- Free Express Deposit***
- Free Mobile App
- Free eStatements
- Earn monthly dividends on balances of $750 or more
- No Monthly Service Fee
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly Visa Debit Card usage fee
- No monthly service charge for overdraft protection**
- Free Account Alerts1
- Complimentary ID Theft Recovery services available on all personal accounts
Good To Know
It is now easier than ever to do your banking from home or a mobile device. With JSC FCU's Online Account Opening option, you won't sacrifice time, money, or security when you open accounts online. The sign up process is fast, easy and secure! With flexible funding options available, you can start using your account right away. Funding is simple. Transfer funds directly from a pre-existing JSC FCU account, a credit card, or an account at another institution. Enjoy instant access to your new accounts eBanking. Click here to open account online..
- The Credit Union requires anyone opening a new account or being added as a signer on an account to provide certain information to reasonably identify.
- The following items, at a minimum, are required to be obtained:
- Address (P.O. Box is not acceptable)
- Date of Birth
- Official Identification Number (Social Security Number, Tax Payer Identification Number).
- For an individual the documentary identification includes:
- Driver’s License
- Military ID
- State ID
- If residential address does not match ID, alternate verification is required. Example: insurance card, lease agreement, utility bill
- Resident Alien Card
- Passport with Country of Issuance
- Foreign government issued ID Card
- If adding a joint owner to your account, the joint owner must be present to sign the new account card, and will need to provide us with their ID and social security number.
- If adding a beneficiary to your account, the person does not need to be present or sign the account card. You will need to provide us with their date of birth or social security number.
- The minimum deposit to open a Express Checking account is $25.
An overdraft fee can occur if you have overdraft protection set up on your savings account and you did not have enough money in the checking account to cover a transaction clearing your checking account.
There is a fee for this service. Click here for the Fee schedule. An insufficient funds fee can occur if you write a check for more than the amount you have available in your checking account. There is a fee for this service. Click here for the Fee schedule.
This is either due to a hold on a check deposit, a share branch deposit, an ATM deposit, or a debit card authorization.
To deposit the funds to your savings account, give the other financial institution your member number and the account type you wish the funds to be deposited into (ex: S1 Savings). Also give them the routing and transit number, 313083992. To deposit the funds to your Checking Account, give the other financial institution the MICR information from the bottom of your checks (ex: 0060123456 Checking). Also give them the routing and transit number, 313083992.
The company is someone you authorized to debit or credit your account. The company will debit or credit your account for the amount you authorized. This will start on the date you authorized the company to debit or credit your account.
Please call 281.488.7070 or 800.940.0700 or visit one of our branch locations to complete the ACH stop payment form. The ACH Direct Payment Form is located on the Forms & Documents page under Account Forms.
All dividends are paid monthly except on Regular Shares (S1), Special/Additional Savings (S2), and Christmas Club (S3) which are paid Quarterly. Dividends are paid on the first day of the month for amounts accrued during the previous month.
Dividends are credited on the first business day of each month for monthly paid accounts, and the first business day of the quarter for quarterly paid accounts.
- Routing Number
- Order Checks
- Forms & Documents
- ATM Card
- ATM Safety
- Debit Card
- Using a Debit Card Wisely
- Direct Deposit
- Current Rates
- Checking Basics
- Checking Basics-Spanish
- Balancing your Checkbook
|Types of Checking Accounts||Money Market||Express Youth||Express Checking||Horizons Express Checking|
|DESIGNED FOR:||Members who wish to make larger purchases and earn higher dividend rates||Members who want an account with a low minimum initial deposit||Everyday Expenses||Members ages 55+ who use Direct Deposit|
|NO Monthly Service Fee|
|FREE Online and Mobile Banking|
|FREE Mobile App|
|FREE Account Alerts|
|NO Minimum Balance Requirement|
|Minimum Opening Deposit||$1,000||$10||$25||$25|