The Horizons Checking account is designed exclusively for members age 55+ and offers a practical and cost-effective way to handle your finances.
- Benefits/Good To Know
- Application Process
- Compare Accounts
- Free access to over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs*
- Free Visa Debit Card**
- Free access to over 5,000 Credit Union Service Centers
- Free Online, Mobile & Telephone Banking
- Free Express DepositTM***
- Free Mobile App
- Free eStatements
- Free generic checks (2 boxes per year)
- No Fee Money Orders (limit of 3 per month)
- No Monthly Service Fee
- No Minimum Balance Requirement
- No Monthly VISA Debit Card Usage fee
- No Monthly Service Charge for Overdraft Protection*
- Free Account Alerts1
Good To Know
- The Credit Union requires anyone opening a new account or being added as a signer on an account provide certain information to reasonably identify.
- The following items, at a minimum, are required to be obtained:
- Address (P.O. Box is not acceptable)
- Date of Birth
- Official Identification Number (Social Security Number, Tax Payer Identification Number).
- For an individual the documentary identification includes:
- Driver's License
- Military ID
- State ID
- If residential address does not match ID, alternate verification is required. Example: insurance card, lease agreement, utility bill
- Resident Alien Card
- Passport with Country of Issuance
- Foreign government issued ID Card
- If adding a joint owner to your account, the joint owner must be present to sign the new account card, and will need to provide us with their ID and social security number.
- If adding a beneficiary to your account, the person does not need to be present or sign the account card. You will need to provide us with their date of birth or social security number.
- The minimum deposit to open a Horizons Checking is $25.
An overdraft fee can occur if you have overdraft protection set up on your savings account and you did not have enough money in the checking account to cover a transaction clearing your checking account. The charge is $2.00 per overdraft. An insufficient funds fee can occur if you write a check for more than the amount you have available in your checking account. The charge for this is $26.00 per insufficient check.
This is either due to a hold on a check deposit, a share branch deposit, an ATM deposit, or a debit card authorization.
Privilege pay is suspended if your account is negative past 30 days. If your account is not paid in full in 45 days the account is closed and charged off. If the account is paid in full before the 45 days the privilege pay will be reinstated when the account has a positive balance for a full business day
A stop payment is a $20.00 charge, per request. A stop payment on a cashier's check or teller check is a $20.00 charge, per request.
To deposit the funds to your savings account, give the other financial institution your member number and the account type you wish the funds to be deposited into (ex: S1 Savings). Also give them the routing and transit number, 313083992. To deposit the funds to your Checking Account, give the other financial institution the MICR information from the bottom of your checks (ex: 0060123456 Checking). Also give them the routing and transit number, 313083992.
The company is someone you authorized to debit or credit your account. The company will debit or credit your account for the amount you authorized. This will start on the date you authorized the company to debit or credit your account.
Please call 281.488.7070 or 800.940.0700 or visit one of our branch locations to complete the ACH stop payment form. The ACH Direct Payment Form is located on the Forms & Documents page under Account Forms.
All dividends are paid monthly except on Regular Shares (S1), Special/Additional Savings (S2), and Christmas Club (S3) which are paid Quarterly. Dividends are paid on the first day of the month for amounts accrued during the previous month.
Dividends are credited on the first business day of each month for monthly paid accounts, and the first business day of the quarter for quarterly paid accounts.
- Routing Number
- Overdraft Protection
- Order Checks
- Forms and Documents
- ATM Card
- ATM Safety
- Debit Card
- Using a Debit Card Wisely
- Direct Deposit
- Current Rates
- Checking Basics
- Checking Basics-Spanish
- Balancing your Checkbook
|Types of Checking Accounts||Money Market||Express Youth||Express Checking||Horizons Express Checking|
|DESIGNED FOR:||Members who wish to make larger purchases and earn higher dividend rates||Members who want an account with a low minimum initial deposit||Everyday Expenses||Members ages 55+ who use Direct Deposit|
|NO Monthly Service Fee|
|FREE Online and Mobile Banking|
|FREE Mobile App|
|FREE Account Alerts|
|NO Minimum Balance Requirement|
|Minimum Opening Deposit||$1,000||$10||$25||$25|
* Fees may apply at non-JSC Federal Credit Union's ATMs. See a JSC FCU representative or refer to the VIsa Debit Card & ATM Card Agreement and Disclosure for complete details. **JSC Federal Credit Union offers overdraft protection from your savings account. In the event you do not have the funds in your checking account to cover a transaction, we can overdraft from your savings account to pay it. There is no monthly service charge to have this protection. In the event that you need us to overdraft from your savings account, a $2.00 overdraft fee per item will be charged to your checking account. Restrictions apply; member must qualify. Please see a Credit Union employee for more information.***JSC Federal Credit Union reserves the right to restrict access at our sole discretion. You may access Express DepositTM from the Transfer/Deposit menu after logging into mobile banking on the JSC FCU mobile app. All checks will post to your account by the end of the following business day (hold may apply). If your deposit is rejected for any reason, JSC Federal Credit Union will contact you at the daytime phone number on file or email address. Please make sure your contact information is current. Message and data rates may apply. Such charges include those from your communications service provider. Member must qualify. 1Message and date rates may apply. Such charges include those from your communications service provider. 2Privilege Pay is used to pay for checks, automatic bill payments and other transactions made using your checking account number. Privilege Pay does not apply to ATM transactions or everyday debit card transactions unless you Opt-In for that service. There is a fee of $26.00 each time we pay an overdraft. We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.JSC Federal Credit Union allows you 30 days from the original date your account becomes negative to bring your account to a positive balance before your Privilege Pay is suspended.