- Benefits/Good To Know
- Pay your bills online when you want - on payday, near the due date, or whenever you choose.
- Pay almost anyone, including individuals like your friends or landlord, or pay businesses like your cell phone or utility company.
- Decide how you want to pay. Use a variety of JSC FCU accounts to make online payments - from a checking account to a secondary checking account.
- Schedule payments in advance. To use online Bill Pay simply date your payment for the day you want it to be delivered, up to a year in advance.
- Set up recurring online payments for regular bills, and you'll have peace of mind that your payments have been made.
- Make expedited payments or send ebills (restrictions apply)
- Update payee and payment instructions anytime.
- Track your online Bill Pay history through the payment activity screen - see who you paid, the date and the amount up to 18 months.
- Take control of your money management by exporting bill pay activity using the Quicken® or Microsoft Money tool® .
- Send secure messages through the Message Center or contact the Help Center with any Bill Pay questions or for troubleshooting
Good To Know
- click here to login to ebanking to access bill pay
- With Bill Pay, you don't have to spend time writing checks, making extra trips to the mailbox, or standing in line at the post office. Visit eBanking to enroll online today!
In the Message Center you will have immediate access to important service updates and account alerts. You can also use the Message Center to send direct, secure messages to our Member Service team. Unlike regular Internet e-mail, these messages are protected by encryption and verification technology, so any confidential information cannot be intercepted by unauthorized persons
After you log into the service, look at the Messages box in the upper right portion of the screen. You will see an envelope icon, along with a link indicating the total number of new messages and alerts you have received. If you have new messages, you can read them by clicking on the "Messages" link.
After reading a message, you can reply to it by clicking on the "Reply" button, or delete the message by clicking on the "Delete" button. After reading an alert, you can delete it by clicking on the "Delete" button.
All messages will be kept in the Message Center for 90 days and alerts for 30 days unless you delete them.
From the Message Center screen, click on "Compose Message" link.
Messages can be deleted by checking the check box next to the message(s) that you would like to delete and then clicking the "Delete Selected" button.
The Last Login stamp appears on the Overview page and is a security feature designed to help monitor the access of your online accounts. Please note that the Last Login stamp will also reflect log in activity if:
- You share your User ID and Password with another person
- You use a third-party account aggregation service that automatically logs in to your account for balance and transaction updates.
If you have questions related to the time or date your account was accessed last, please contact Member Service.
JSC Federal Credit Union
Attention: Bill Pay Member Service 1330 Gemini Avenue
From the Payment Activity page, click on the "Export Data" link. Select the file format and date range of transactions desired. You can then save the file and import it into the software of your choice.
With Bill Pay, you can pay bills online, quickly and easily! Plus, when paying bills online, you spend less money on postage costs. You can use our online Bill Pay program anytime you access your accounts through the eBanking.