- Benefits/Good to Know
- Refinance/Purchase Your Lease
- Protect Your Auto
- Competitive interest rates
- No penaities if you choose to pay off your loan early
- Low-cost optional payment protection insurance
- Free online loan calculators
- Convenient payment options
Good To Know
If we processed the title work electronically, we will contact Texas DMV to release our lien. 10 business days after the loan is paid off, the title will be mailed to the address on record.
If your title was not processed electronically, JSC FCU will mail the title 10 business days after the loan is paid off to the address on record.
GAP Insurance helps pay off your remaining loan balance if your auto is stolen or damaged, and is deemed to be a total loss. GAP Insurance bridges the "gap" that can occur when the unexpected (accident or theft) happens to your auto. It bridges the amount you owe and the amount your auto insurance covers for your auto.
- Protection for the term of your loan up to 84 months.
- Coverage for autos financed up to $100,000.
You may even qualify to add the cost of GAP to your loan. Please contact a JSC FCU representative for more details.
A vehicle service contract protects you from costly mechanical repairs including comprehensive benefits. Have peace of mind knowing that most problems can be taken care of with an Extended Service Contract. Extended warranties are designed into three products; Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3. Level 3 is bumper to bumper covering all the vehicle's mechanical and electrical repairs. Warranties may be purchased at any time.
You may even qualify to add the cost of Service Contract to your loan. Please JSC FCU representative for more details or click here to “Get a Quote”.
- The co-borrower, must be a JSC FCU member.
- Interest rate is based on the qualified co-borrower - parent, grandparent or legal guardian.
- Loan qualification is based on the parent, grandparent or legal guardian.
- The co-borrower may choose the name(s) listed on the title. (Both the borrower and co-borrrower or one or the other.)
- Sales Tax will be calculated based on 6.25% of the purchase price or 80% of SPV (Standard Presumptive Value); whichever value is higher.
- Valid Registration (Good through 60 days)
- If registration is expired or expiring within the next 60 days, member must update registration and provide a copy of registration receipt prior to or at loan closing.
- Title Application Fee: $35.50 ( Harris County)
- New Resident Fee (if applicable): $90 or the difference between the two states sales tax.
* Taxes & State Fees may change without notice. Visit www.txdmv.gov for most current taxes and fees.
Finance Your Auto
JSC FCU offers extremely competitive interest rates and terms for refinancing your existing auto lease. Use this guide to apply for a loan, find your vehicle and to finalize your loan – we even explain the process in between so you know exactly what’s needed to expedite the process.
Use the print icon located at the top right to conveniently print the provided information.
- What you will need to provide at time of application:
- Personal contact & employment Information
- Proof of Income
- Pay Check Stub
- Self Employed: Two years of tax returns
- VIN Number
- Amount Requesting & Down payment (if applicable)
- Member will receive a (email for online apps) from a loan officer/processor. This will be your point of contact for your loan closing.
- Member contacts their leasing company and requests lease purchase instructions. Once received, the member will follow the instructions in the packet and sign the documents. Next the member will provide the packet contents to their loan processor.
- The Member should obtain a 10-day from their leasing company. The 10 day payoff must include the name, account number and payoff address of their financial institution. The payoff amount should be dated 10 calendar days from the expected loan closing date.
- Member should contact their Insurance Agent to obtain an Insurance Policy or a listing the auto and JSC FCU as with a max of $1,000. Member should fax/email/bring this form to their loan officer.
- Purchaser provide proof of emissions (Inspection Report) if the vehicle was last registered in a county that does not require emissions testing. For a list of counties that require inspection reports, visit www.txdmv.gov
- For in-branch closings, Member should contact their loan officer to schedule a closing appointment. For online closings, member should fax/email their loan documents to their loan processor.
- The purchaser and all parties listed on the title must be present.
- Documents to bring to closing
- 10-Day Payoff
- Insurance Policy or Declaration Page
- Current State Issued Photo ID (All parties)
- Proof of Emissions (Inspection Report) if applicable
- Member chooses optional products:
- Member chooses payment options
- Mail payment coupons
- (from another financial institution)
- (through eBanking)
- Member signs loan documents
Protect Your Auto
A vehicle service contract protects you from costly mechanical repairs including additional benefits. Have the peace of mind knowing that most problems can be taken care of with an Extended Service Contract.
Use the print icon located at the top right to conveniently print the provided information.
When buying any vehicle, there is always a chance of having a mechanical breakdown. However, you will have the peace of mind knowing that most problems can be taken care of with a Vehicle Service Contract from Auto Exam, Inc.
Auto Exam will give you all the benefits and options at an affordable price. For just pennies a day, your automobile will be protected from unexpected repair costs. When an unforeseen repair is required, the first thing you will reach for is this plan.
Various coverages, deductibles, and coverage terms are available based on the vehicle's age and mileage. Below is an overview of some of the types of coverage that are available. For more details on coverage and eligibility, please contact Auto Exam directly or review your actual contract.
Exclusionary Coverage is the best type of coverage available. This type of coverage will cover any part of the vehicle that is not listed as an exclusion by the contract. Below are some of the types of items excluded from coverage:
- Any Normal Maintenance Item - Including but not limited to: tires, wheels, wheel covers, shocks, alignments, brake pads or shoes, brake rotors or drums, accessory drive belts, hoses, filters, exhaust components, clutch, and pressure plate.
- Any Tune-Up Item - Including but not limited to: spark plugs and wires, distributor cap, and carburetor.
Vehicles that are too old or have too many miles to qualify for exclusionary coverage may still qualify for a component coverage. There are many levels of component coverage available.
Typically these coverages will cover the major components of the auto. Below are some of the areas covered by these contracts:
- Fuel Delivery
In some cases vehicles with high mileage may only qualify for a powertrain coverage. Typically this will be vehicles with 100,000 miles or more. Powertrain coverage will only cover the essential powertrain components. Typically these items will include the following:
- Engine - All Internally Lubricated Parts
- Transmission - All Internally Lubricated Parts
- Drive Axle Assembly
Towing Coverage, Substitute Transportation (Rental Coverage), and Trip Interruption.
Most of our contracts also include:
Other Benefits Available on some coverages include - Roadside Assistance, and more.
Please refer to your contract for the benefits that apply, not all benefits apply to all contracts.
Quote Request form
Only a member of a Credit Union can apply for a loan. To find out if you are eligible for membership or for information about becoming a member click here.
You may be able to finance an auto loan for up to 72 months. See a JSC FCU representative for more details.
To finance the buy-out of your lease, you will need to apply for a used auto loan in the amount of your remaining balance
Yes, tax, title, and license fees will apply.See a JSC FCU representative for more details.
No, you may pay your loan off at any time.
No, we do not offer a lease program.
We prefer the auto being less than 8 years old.
You may qualify to borrow up to 120% of NADA clean trade on an auto loan.See a JSC FCU representative for more details.
You will be contacted by the loan officer assigned to your application.
Loans are typically approved the same day.
Divide the interest rate by 365 days (# of days in a year), multiply by the principal balance (this gives you the per diem), then multiply that by the number of days from payment to payment. Interest is calculated daily on the unpaid principle balance of the loan.
Yes, we offer credit life and disability insurance on our auto loans.
Titles are mailed out within 10 business days of loan payoff. However, if you need your title quicker, you can come to the Main Office Loan Department and pickup it up the day the loan is paid off as long as you pay the loan off in cash or by transfer from a share account.
If your title was processed electronically, we will not be able to expedite the title.
Whoever is on the loan.
Title requirements are subject to change due to each individual loan scenario. *APR is Annual Percentage Rate and is accurate as of 03/17/2016, ranging from 1.64% APR - 12.14% APR. A fixed-rate loan for $20,000 based on 1.89% APR paid over 60 months would have 60 monthly payments of $349.61. All JSC FCU financed auto loans may be refinanced and will be assessed a 1% fee off the total amount financed. Please see a JSC FCU representative for full details. **Cash back amounts are based on the total amount financed. To receive the $100 deposit, the total amount financed for an auto loan must be from $10,000 - $20,000. To receive the $200 deposit, the total amount financed for an auto loan must be from $20,000 - $30,000. To receive the $300 deposit, the total amount financed for an auto loan must be greater than $30,000.The auto loan must remain financed with JSC FCU for at least 90 days to receive the cash back. Allow up to three business weeks after your loan has been financed with JSC FCU for 90 days, for cash back to be applied to your Savings Account. This offer does not apply to existing JSC FCU auto loans.