- Benefits/Good to Know
- Finance Your Boat
- Competitive interest rates
- No penalties if you choose to pay off your loan early
- Low-cost optional payment protection insurance
- Free online loan calculators
- Convenient payment options
Good To Know
If we processed the title work electronically, we will contact Texas DMV to release our lien. 10 business days after the loan is paid off, the title will be mailed to the address on record.
If your title was not processed electronically, JSC FCU will mail the title 10 business days after the loan is paid off to the address on record.
GAP Insurance helps pay off your remaining loan balance if your boat is stolen or damaged, and is deemed to be a total loss. GAP Insurance bridges the "gap" that can occur when the unexpected (accident or theft) happens to your boat. It bridges the amount you owe and the amount your boat insurance covers for your boat.
- Protection for the term of your loan up to 84 months.
- Coverage for boats financed up to $100,000.
You may even qualify to add the cost of GAP to your loan. Please contact a JSC FCU representative for more details.
- The co-borrower, must be a JSC FCU member.
- Interest rate is based on the qualified co-borrower - parent, grandparent or legal guardian.
- Loan qualification is based on the parent, grandparent or legal guardian.
- The co-borrower may choose the name(s) listed on the title. (Both the borrower and co-borrrower or one or the other.)
- Sales Tax will be calculated based on 6.25% of the purchase price
- Valid Registration (Good through 60 days)
- If registration is expired or expiring within the next 60 days, member must update registration and provide a copy of registration receipt prior to or at loan closing.
- Please visit www.tpwd.texas.gov for Registration fees
- Transfer of Ownership $11
- Certificate of Title $27 per title
* Taxes & State Fees may change without notice. Visit www.tpwd.texas.gov for most current taxes and fees.
Finance Your Boat
JSC FCU offers extremely competitive interest rates and terms for both new and used boats. Use this guide to apply for a loan, find your vehicle and to finalize your loan – we even explain the process in between so you know exactly what’s needed to expedite the process.
Use the print icon located at the top right to conveniently print the provided information.
- What you will need to provide at time of application:
- Personal contact & employment Information
- Proof of Income
- Pay Check Stub
- Self Employed: Two years of tax returns
- VIN Number
- Amount Requesting & Down payment (if applicable)
- Member will receive a (email for online apps) from a loan officer/processor. This will be your point of contact for your loan closing.
- If the boat is financed, the Member should ask the seller to obtain a 20-day from their financial institution. The 20 day payoff must include the name, account number and payoff address of their financial institution. The payoff amount should be dated 20 calendar days from the expected loan closing date.
- If the boat is not financed, the seller will need to bring their clear title to loan closing.
- Member should contact their Insurance Agent to obtain an Insurance Card and an Insurance Policy or listing the boat and JSC FCU as with a max of $1,000. Member should bring this document to loan closing.
- Member will need to contact their loan processor in advance to schedule a loan closing at one of our branch locations. Loan closings are available Monday - Saturday from 9:00am - 11:00am.
- Checklist for Purchasing from an Individual must be provided to the loan processor/closing branch a minimum one business day prior to the loan closing date.
- The buyer and all parties listed on the title must be present.
- Documents to bring to closing
- 20-Day Payoff if applicable(Provided by Seller)
- Clear Title if applicable(Provided by Seller)
- Insurance ID Card and Insurance Policy or Declaration(Provided by Purchaser)
- Current State Issued Photo ID (All parties)
- Member chooses optional products:
- Member chooses payment options
- Mail payment coupons
- (from another financial institution)
- (through eBanking)
- Member can sign loan documents in person or electronically
Only a member of a Credit Union can apply for a loan. To find out if you are eligible for membership or for information about becoming a member click here.
You may be able to finance up to 15 years. Please contact a JSC FCU representative for more details.
Yes, you may apply for the approximate amount you will finance and obtain a pre-approval good for 30 days.
No, you may pay your loan off at any time.
We prefer the boat being less than 8 years old.
You may qualify to borrow up to 120% of NADA average retail on a boat loan.Please contact a JSC FCU representative for more details.
You will be contacted by the loan officer assigned to your application.
Loans are typically approved the same day.
Divide the interest rate by 365 days (# of days in a year), multiply by the principal balance (this gives you the per diem), then multiply that by the number of days from payment to payment. Interest is calculated daily on the unpaid principle balance of the loan.
Yes, we offer credit life and disability insurance on our boat loans.
Titles are mailed out within 10 business days of loan payoff. However, if you need your title quicker, you can come to the Main Office Loan Department and pickup it up the day the loan is paid off as long as you pay the loan off in cash or by transfer from a share account.
If your title was processed electronically, we will not be able to expedite the title.
Whoever is on the loan can be on the title.
Title requirements are subject to change due to each individual loan scenario.