- Benefits/Good to Know
- Finance Your Boat
- Competitive interest rates
- No penalties if you choose to pay off your loan early
- Low-cost optional payment protection insurance
- Free online loan calculators
- Convenient payment options
Good To Know
If we processed the title work electronically, we will contact Texas DMV to release our lien. 10 business days after the loan is paid off, the title will be mailed to the address on record.
If your title was not processed electronically, JSC FCU will mail the title 10 business days after the loan is paid off to the address on record.
GAP Insurance helps pay off your remaining loan balance if your boat is stolen or damaged, and is deemed to be a total loss. GAP Insurance bridges the "gap" that can occur when the unexpected (accident or theft) happens to your boat. It bridges the amount you owe and the amount your boat insurance covers for your boat.
- Protection for the term of your loan up to 84 months.
- Coverage for boats financed up to $100,000.
You may even qualify to add the cost of GAP to your loan. Please contact JSC FCU representative for more details.
Finance Your Boat
JSC FCU offers extremely competitive interest rates and terms for both new and used boat. Use this guide to apply for a loan, find your vehicle and to finalize your loan – we even explain the process in between so you know exactly what’s needed to expedite the process.
Use the print icon located at the top right to conveniently print the provided information.
- What you will need to provide at application:
- Personal contact & employment Information
- Proof of Income
- Pay Check Stub
- Self Employed: Two years of tax returns
Information (Optional) list specific information including Loan Type
- VIN Number
- Loan Term
- Amount Requesting if adding on to your loan
- Down payment (if applicable)
- Member will receive a (email for online apps) from a loan officer/processor. This will be your point of contact for your loan closing.
- For online closings,
- If there is a change in ownership on the title, Member will be emailed a form to be signed and notarized by all parties listed or are being added to the title. Because the State requires original signatures, the POA form should be mailed or dropped off in person to your loan processor.
- Email/fax Current State Current Photo ID (All parties listed on title)
- For in-branch closings, member should contact their loan officer to schedule a closing appointment.
- Member and all parties listed on the title must be present.
- Documents to bring to closing
- Insurance ID Card
- Current State Issued Photo ID (All parties listed on title)
- Documents to bring to closing
- Member chooses optional products:
- Member chooses payment options
- Mail payment coupons
- (from another financial institution)
You may be able to finance a boat loan for up to 15 years. Please contact a JSC FCU representative for more details.
The loan will need to be financed with JSC FCU for at least 1 complete year in order to refinance.
There is no refinance fees to refinance a boat loan.
No, you may pay your loan off at any time.
You will be contacted by the loan officer assigned to your application.
Loans are typically approved the same day.
Divide the interest rate by 365 days (# of days in a year), multiply by the principal balance (this gives you the per diem), then multiply that by the number of days from payment to payment. Interest is calculated daily on the unpaid principle balance of the loan.
Yes, we offer credit life and disability insurance on our boat loans.
Titles are mailed out within 10 business days of loan payoff. However, if you need your title more quicker, you can come to the Main Office Loan Department and pickup it up the day the loan is paid off as long as you pay the loan off in cash or by transfer from a share account.
If your title was processed electronically, we will not be able to expedite the title.
Whoever is on the loan can be on the title.
Title requirements are subject to change due to each individual loan scenario.