- Benefits/Good to Know
- Finance Your Boat
Good To Know
If we processed the title work electronically, we will contact Texas DMV to release our lien. 10 business days after the loan is paid off, the title will be mailed to the address on record.
If your title was not processed electronically, JSC FCU will mail the title 10 business days after the loan is paid off to the address on record.
GAP Insurance helps pay off your remaining loan balance if your boat is stolen or damaged, and is deemed to be a total loss. GAP bridges the "gap" that can occur when the unexpected (accident or theft) happens to your boat. It bridges the amount you owe and the amount your boat insurance covers for your boat.
- Protection for the term of your loan up to 84 months.
- Coverage for boats financed up to $100,000.
You may even qualify to add the cost of GAP to your loan. Please contact a JSC FCU representative for more details.
- The co-borrower, must be a JSC FCU member.
- Interest rate is based on the qualified co-borrower - parent, grandparent or legal guardian.
- Loan qualification is based on the parent, grandparent or legal guardian.
- The co-borrower may choose the name(s) listed on the title. (Both the borrower and co-borrrower or one or the other.)
- Sales Tax will be calculated based on 6.25% of the purchase price
- Valid Registration (Good through 90 days)
- Please visit www.tpwd.texas.gov for Registration fees
- Transfer of Ownership $11
- Certificate of Title $27 per title
* Taxes & State Fees may change without notice. Visit a www.tpwd.texas.gov for most current taxes and fees.
Finance Your Boat
JSC FCU offers extremely competitive interest rates and terms for both new and used boars. Use this guide to apply for a loan, find your vehicle and to finalize your loan – we even explain the process in between so you know exactly what’s needed to expedite the process.
Use the print icon located at the top right to conveniently print the provided information.
- What you will need to provide at time of application:
- Personal contact & employment Information
- Proof of Income
- Pay Check Stub
- Self Employed: Two years of tax returns
- VIN Number
- Amount Requesting & Down payment (if applicable)
- Member will receive a (email for online apps) from a loan officer/processor. This will be your point of contact for your loan closing.
- Member should contact their Insurance Agent to obtain an Insurance ID Card and an Insurance Policy or listing the boat and JSC FCU as with a max of $1,000. Member should bring this document to loan closing.
- Member should contact their loan officer to schedule a closing appointment.
- Member and all parties listed on the title must be present.
- Documents to bring to closing
- form (signed and notarized by all parties listed or are being added/removed to the title).
- Insurance Card and an Insurance Policy or listing JSC FCU as with a max of $1,000.
- Original title(s)
- State Issued Photo ID Must be current (All parties to be listed on title)
- Documents to bring to closing
- Member chooses optional products:
- Member chooses payment options
- Mail payment coupons
- (from another financial institution)
- (through eBanking)
- Member signs loan documents
Only a member of a Credit Union can apply for a loan. To find out if you are eligible for membership or for information about becoming a member click here.
You may be able to finance an boat loan for up to 15 years.See a JSC FCU representative for more details.
You may qualify to borrow up to 120% of NADA average retail on a boat loan. See a JSC FCU representative for more details.
We prefer the boat being less than 8 years old.
You will be contacted by the loan officer assigned to your application.
Loans are typically approved the same day.
Divide the interest rate by 365 days (# of days in a year), multiply by the principal balance (this gives you the per diem), then multiply that by the number of days from payment to payment. Interest is calculated daily on the unpaid principle balance of the loan.
Yes, we offer credit life and disability insurance on our boat loans.
Titles are mailed out within 10 business days of loan payoff. However, if you need your title quicker, you can come to the Main Office Loan Department and pickup it up the day the loan is paid off as long as you pay the loan off in cash or by transfer from a share account.
If your title was processed electronically, we will not be able to expedite the title.
Yes, but anyone on the title will need to come to the credit union with a current government issued ID at the time of loan closing to sign title documents
Whoever is on the loan can be on the title.
Title requirements are subject to change due to each individual loan scenario.