- Benefits/Good to Know
- Finance Your Boat
- Competitive interest rates
- No penalties if you choose to pay off your loan early
- Low-cost optional payment protection insurance
- Free online loan calculators
- Convenient payment options
Good To Know
If we processed the title work electronically, we will contact Texas DMV to release our lien. 10 business days after the loan is paid off, the title will be mailed to the address on record.
If your title was not processed electronically, JSC FCU will mail the title 10 business days after the loan is paid off to the address on record.
GAP Insurance helps pay off your remaining loan balance if your boat is stolen or damaged, and is deemed to be a total loss. GAP Insurance bridges the "gap" that can occur when the unexpected (accident or theft) happens to your boat. It bridges the amount you owe and the amount your boat insurance covers for your boat.
- Protection for the term of your loan up to 84 months.
- Coverage for boats financed up to $100,000.
You may even qualify to add the cost of GAP to your loan. Please contact a JSC FCU representative for more details.
- The co-borrower, must be a JSC FCU member.
- Interest rate is based on the qualified co-borrower - parent, grandparent or legal guardian.
- Loan qualification is based on the parent, grandparent or legal guardian.
- The co-borrower may choose the name(s) listed on the title. (Both the borrower and co-borrower or one or the other.)
- State Tax will be calculated based on 6.25% of the purchase price
- Valid Registration (Good through 90 days)
- Please visit www.tpwd.texas.gov for Registration Fees
- Transfer of ownership $11
- Certificate of Title $27 per title
Taxes & State Fees may change without notice. Visit www.tpwe.texas.gov for most current tax and fee information.
Finance Your Boat
JSC FCU offers extremely competitive interest rates and terms for both new and used boats. Use this guide to apply for a loan, find your vehicle and to finalize your loan – we even explain the process in between so you know exactly what’s needed to expedite the process.
Use the print icon located at the top right to conveniently print the provided information.
- What you will need to provide at time of application:
- Personal contact & employment Information
- Proof of Income
- Pay Check Stub
- Self Employed: Two years of tax returns
- VIN Number
- Amount Requesting & Down payment (if applicable)
- Member will receive a (email for online apps) from a loan officer/processor. This will be your point of contact for your loan closing.
- Member or Dealer should fax/email/bring in person the signed to loan officer.
- Member should contact their Insurance Agent to obtain an Insurance Policy or listing the boat and JSC FCU as with a max of $1,000. Member should fax/email/bring this form to their loan officer.
- For in-branch closings, member should contact their loan officer to schedule a closing appointment. For online closings, member should fax/email their documents to their loan processor.
- Member chooses optional produ
- Mail payment coupons
- (from another financial institution)
- (through eBanking)
- Online: via secured channel
- In-Branch: in person
- After documents are signed and audited, a Draft Letter will be delivered to the dealership. This document will allow the member to take possession of the vehicle.
- Member will go to dealership and take possession of vehicle; Dealer processes Title work and gives member their license plate.
Boat Values (NADA)
Only a member of a Credit Union can apply for a loan. To find out if you are eligible for membership or for information about becoming a member click here.
You may be able to finance up to 15 years. Please contact a JSC FCU representative for more details.
Yes, you may apply for the approximate amount you will finance and obtain a pre-approval good for 30 days.
No, you may pay your loan off at any time.
We prefer the boat being less than 8 years old.
You may qualify to borrow up to 120% of NADA average retail on a boat loan. Please JSC FCU representative for more details.
You will be contacted by the loan officer assigned to your application.
Loans are typically approved the same day.
Divide the interest rate by 365 days (# of days in a year), multiply by the principal balance (this gives you the per diem), then multiply that by the number of days from payment to payment. Interest is calculated daily on the unpaid principle balance of the loan.
Yes, we offer credit life and disability insurance on our boat loans.
Titles are mailed out within 10 business days of loan payoff. However, if you need your title quicker, you can come to the Main Office Loan Department and pickup it up the day the loan is paid off as long as you pay the loan off in cash or by transfer from a share account.
If your title was processed electronically, we will not be able to expedite the title.
Whoever is on the loan can be on the title.
Title requirements are subject to change due to each individual loan scenario.