We care about your financial wellbeing and are committed to helping JSC FCU members experiencing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19. As circumstances around the pandemic evolve, we continue to assess how we can best support our members’ financial needs. Below are our current relief assistance offerings.
JSC FCU is offering a Furlough Personal Loan to members that are impacted due to missed wages from COVID-19 with the following terms:
• Amount: The amount of 1 missed paycheck bi-weekly, not to exceed $5,000
• Term: 6 months
• Rate: As low as 0% APR*
• Credit, membership, and other stipulation criteria will apply
To apply for the JSC FCU furlough loan, please submit an application online.
Real Estate Defer-A-Pay
Members that have a first mortgage loan and/or second lien products (e.g. home equity) can defer up to three payments, modifying and extending their term of the loan. Members who have received one or two deferred payments may now apply for a third deferred payment.
To request to defer a payment, please email TeamMortgageServicing@jscfcu.org with the following information:
• Member’s full name
• Member’s contact information: phone number and/or email
Consumer Loan Defer-A-Pay
Members that have consumer loans can defer up to three payments on each loan (e.g. auto, personal loans, other collateral, Visa credit card, etc.). Members who have received one or two deferred payments may now apply for a third deferred payment.
To request to defer a payment, please complete the consumer loan relief defer-a-payment form.
JSC FCU is waiving the $3 fee for all loan payments made through the Online Payment Center. Click here to learn more about the Online Payment Center.
Get emergency financial help from the government if you have been the victim of a disaster. This can include disaster unemployment assistance, special home loans for disaster victims, and disaster tax relief.
- Financial Assistance After a Disaster
- Individual Disaster Assistance
- Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments
- Texas Small Business Relief Assistance
- Tax Relief in Disaster Situations
- US Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance
IRS Economic Impact Payment provides stimulus for eligible taxpayers.
The Internal Revenue Service and the Treasury Department are now delivering the second round of Economic Impact Payments as part of the CARES Act. The initial direct deposit payments began arriving as early as Tuesday, December 29, 2020 for some and will continue into the first week of January. Paper checks or debit cards began to be mailed Wednesday, December 30.
The stimulus payments may be up to $600 for individuals or up to $1,200 for married couples. Parents may also receive $600 for each qualifying child.
If you are eligible, your Economic Impact Payment will be deposited in one of two ways:
- Taxpayers with direct deposit information on file with the IRS will receive payment directly into that bank account.
- Taxpayers without current direct deposit information on file will receive the payment as a check or debit card mailed to the physical address on file with the IRS.
Payments are automatic for eligible taxpayers and no action is required to receive payment.
For eligibility information, to find out how much you will receive, or the status of your payment, please visit the IRS Economic Impact Payment Information Center.
How JSC Federal Credit Union Can Help
As a JSC FCU member, you have easy, secure access to your money anytime, anywhere using JSC FCU digital banking online or mobile app. Among other things, you can effortlessly check your account balances and deposits 24/7.
If your relief payment is less than $5,000 and you receive a mailed check, stay safe and save time by using our Express Deposit tool to deposit your payment directly into your JSC FCU account.
Haven’t enrolled in JSC FCU digital banking? Take a look at our new user enrollment information for easy-to-follow instructions.
Smart Ways to Spend Your Relief Payment
We believe life should be lived uninterrupted. That’s why we’re recommending several ways you can put your relief payment to work. From helping you keep life’s plan on track to removing the fear of dreaming your biggest dreams, we are alongside you every step of the way.
- Fund an emergency savings account - Consider depositing funds in a JSC FCU Money Market Account, which earns greater interest than a regular checking or saving account. Open a JSC FCU Money Market with just $1,000 and begin earning more interest.
- Strategize before spending - Formulate a spending plan first. Consider your individualized needs such as food, housing, and critical bills. Use your relief payment for those items first. With the JSC FCU mobile app bill pay feature, you can pay most bills quickly and easily.
- Reduce your debt - Paying down debt will reduce the total amount you will pay over time, and your relief payment can help you achieve financial freedom sooner. Our mobile app internal transfer feature allows you to easily pay down your JSC FCU loans.
Beware that fraudsters are using the COVID-19 pandemic to take advantage of individuals through some of the following ways:
- “Spoofing” or falsifying their phone number to display as a reputable company
- Sending fake texts, emails, or calls about your relief check
- Asking for COVID-19-related donations to fake organizations
- Infecting your mobile or desktop devices with a virus if these types of messages are opened or clicked
Remember, if we reach out to you, we won't ask for confidential or sensitive information such as your password, personal identification number (PIN), or social security number (SSN).
If you experience any of the above or believe you have become a victim of fraud or identity theft, the following sites have information that can help.