The Right Path Checking Account gives you the opportunity to recover from past financial mistakes and gives you a fresh start.
- Benefits/Good To Know
- Application Process
- Free access to over 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs*
- Free VISA Debit Card with Direct Deposit**
- Pre-paid Debit Card Available
- Free access to over 5,000 Credit Union Service Centers
- Free Online, Mobile & Telephone Banking
- Free Express Deposit***
- Free Mobile App
- Free eStatements
- Earn monthly dividends on balances of $750 or more
- No monthly Visa Debit Card usage fee
- Free Account Alerts1
- Complimentary ID Theft Recovery services available on all personal accounts
Good To Know
It is now easier than ever to do your banking from home or a mobile device. With JSC FCU's Online Account Opening option, you won't sacrifice time, money, or security when you open accounts online. The sign up process is fast, easy and secure! With flexible funding options available, you can start using your account right away. Funding is simple. Transfer funds directly from a pre-existing JSC FCU account, a credit card, or an account at another institution. Enjoy instant access to your new accounts eBanking.
- The Credit Union requires anyone opening a new account or being added as a signer on an account to provide certain information to reasonably identify.
- The following items, at a minimum, are required to be obtained:
- Address (P.O. Box is not acceptable)
- Date of Birth
- Official Identification Number (Social Security Number, Tax Payer Identification Number).
- For an individual the documentary identification includes:
- Driver’s License
- Military ID
- State ID
- If residential address does not match ID, alternate verification is required. Example: insurance card, lease agreement, utility bill
- Resident Alien Card
- Passport with Country of Issuance
- Foreign government issued ID Card
- If adding a joint owner to your account, the joint owner must be present to sign the new account card, and will need to provide us with their ID and social security number.
- If adding a beneficiary to your account, the person does not need to be present or sign the account card. You will need to provide us with their date of birth or social security number.
- The minimum deposit to open a Express Checking account is $25.
An overdraft fee can occur if you have overdraft protection set up on your savings account and you did not have enough money in the checking account to cover a transaction clearing your checking account. The charge is $2.00 per overdraft. An insufficient funds fee can occur if you write a check for more than the amount you have available in your checking account. The charge for this is $26.00 per insufficient check.
A stop payment is a $25.00 charge, per request. A stop payment on a cashier's check or teller check is a $25.00 charge, per request.
To deposit the funds to your savings account, give the other financial institution your member number and the account type you wish the funds to be deposited into (ex: S1 Savings). Also give them the routing and transit number, 313083992. To deposit the funds to your Checking Account, give the other financial institution the MICR information from the bottom of your checks (ex: 0060123456 Checking). Also give them the routing and transit number, 313083992.
The company is someone you authorized to debit or credit your account. The company will debit or credit your account for the amount you authorized. This will start on the date you authorized the company to debit or credit your account.
Please call 281.488.7070 or 800.940.0700 or visit one of our branch locations to complete the ACH stop payment form. The ACH Direct Payment Form is located on the Forms & Documents page under Account Forms.
All dividends are paid monthly except on Regular Shares (S1), Special/Additional Savings (S2), and Christmas Club (S3) which are paid Quarterly. Dividends are paid on the first day of the month for amounts accrued during the previous month.
Dividends are credited on the first business day of each month for monthly paid accounts, and the first business day of the quarter for quarterly paid accounts.