Home Possible Mortgage*
Purchasing your first home is an exciting experience but finding the right mortgage can be a challenge. At JSC FCU, we designed the Home Possible Mortgage just for first-time homebuyers.
YOUR DREAM OF BEING A HOMEOWNER IS NOW POSSIBLE!
- No Closing Cost
- 5% Down Payment
- Stable payments
- Click here for rates and terms
What is a Fixed Mortgage?
A fixed mortgage is when your principal and interest payment stay the same over the life of the loan.
To help make the process easier to understand we have laid out some basic steps involved in purchasing or refinancing your home.
- Application, our online application makes it easy to apply. Once you have submitted your application it is reviewed by one of our Mortgage Loan Officers who will help you through the transaction.
- Loan Estimate, once you have a property your loan officer will provide you with a loan estimate, this will show you an estimate of what fees may be charged to process or close your loan.
- Documents needed, your loan officer will provide you with a list of documents that will be needed to process your loan.
- Processing, your file will be transferred to the processing department where an experienced processor will prepare your file for the underwriting stage.
- Underwriting, the underwriter makes sure that all loan requirements are met. If any additional documentation is needed your loan officer or processor will notify you.
- Closing, at the title company you will be presented with your final closing documents for signature. An experienced closer will walk your through each document and answer any questions you might have.
*The total amount paid by JSC FCU and the seller cannot exceed 3% of the total amount financed based on a 95% LTV. By accepting the Home Possible Mortgage, the rate will be 0.50% higher than if you choose another mortgage. For example, if you have originally applied for a 30 year fixed mortgage but then chose to accept the Home Possible Mortgage, your rate will be 0.50% higher than the rate you qualify for on the 30 year fixed mortgage. There will be a 2% pre-payment penalty on the unpaid principal balance if the loan is paid in full within the first two years of the loan. JSC FCU also provides an option without a pre-payment penalty. Certain credit and income qualifications may apply. You will need to be a first-time homebuyer purchasing your first home to be eligible for this mortgage. Investment properties, Jumbo Loans, ARMs and mortgage refinances are not eligible for this offer. Please see a representative for more details.