Savings Bond

If you have a paper Savings Bond you would like to cash in, you can redeem your bond(s) at any JSC FCU branch.

To calculate the value of your paper Savings Bond, use the U.S. Treasury's online calculators by clicking here clicking here.

As of January 1, 2012 paper Savings Bonds will no longer be sold at financial institutions. Ending over-the-counter sales of paper Savings Bonds at financial institutions is a continuation of the U.S. Department of Treasury's all-electronic initiative, and will save American taxpayers approximately $70 million over the first five years. You can only purchase a NEW Savings Bond online at

JSC FCU savings bonds

Electronic Series EE / E and Series I Savings Bonds are now available for purchase through TreasuryDirect®, a secure web-based system operated by the Treasury's Bureau of Public Debt at To purchase a Savings Bond, or for more information about Savings Bonds, please click on the links below:

How do I redeem a paper savings bond that was payable to me upon the death of the bond owner?

You will need to bring a certified copy of the death certificate and then we will be able to redeem them for you..

Can I redeem a savings bond in someone else’s name if I have a POA?

The savings bond will not be able to be redeem at a financial institution. You will need to forward the bonds to the treasury department for processing

What do I need to do if I need to make a change to my previously purchased paper savings bonds?

Go to and under forms you will see Request To Reissue United States Savings Bonds. Reminder, the treasury no longer issues paper bonds and they will be reissued as an electronic bond 


Locate a Surcharge Free ATM or Shared Branch
Advanced Search

eBanking Login